Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Vancouver adventure

I don't know if it's a special experience in Canada, but I was so surprised when I saw a squirrel , a raccoon and a skunk at the same time in Staneley Park. It was amazing because the raccoon came close to me and poked my leg. The animals there were so tame that I could touch them.
In Japan we don't have big parks like Stanley Park. Therefore, it's hard to find wild animals there. In addition, I saw only famous animals such as monkeys, elephants, lions and so on in a zoo when I was younger. That's the reason why I was astonished by the animals in the park. On the other hand, in Canada people can see a lot of wild animals without going to a zoo. For example, when I went to the Rocky Mountains, I found big horn sheep and chipmunks that I had never seen. I was so happy because I felt as if I discovered a new kind of animal.
Also, I have anothere experience. While I was kayaking at Deep Cove , I saw a wild seal. I was so impressed. I can't explain what I felt at that time. I just thoght that it was something like a virtual reality.

2 comments:

spinete said...

Nice takuto.

I was also in Deep Cove and I saw a wild seal too.

Nice place man!.

Have you ever been in Burnaby Mountain?. I think that is another nice place, you have to go there!!

Jacqueline said...

Isn't it amazing to see animals in their own habitat?!? I wouldn't recommend touching the racoons though. They can be quite dangerous.